Interested persons wishing to join the Hopewell Fire Department may come to the station any Tuesday night after 7 pm and speak with an officer or a senior member. Membership applications can be downloaded online here, picked up at the station, by calling the building and leaving a message at ext. 96 or by completing an online form by clicking here and someone will contact you. Once the prospective member has filled out the packet, the Membership Committee will contact them.
There are 6 classes of membership: Senior, Probationary, Junior, Cadet, Life, and Honorary. All members shall conduct themselves in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure of the Hopewell Fire Department. All members will receive a copy of the By-Laws and S.O.P. upon acceptance into membership.
- Senior: Any member 18 years of age or older.
- Probationary: Any member that has not yet completed 1 year of membership and has not yet been accepted by the membership as a Senior member.
- Junior: Any member between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age are eligible to become Junior members upon acceptance by the membership. Junior members are eligible to become Senior members upon attaining the age of 18 and acceptance by the membership.
- Cadet: Any member 14 years of age are eligible to become Cadet members upon acceptance by the membership. Cadet members are eligible to become Junior members upon attaining the age of 16 and acceptance by the membership.
- Life: Any member accruing at least 25 years is eligible to be considered for Life membership. Life members will have all the privileges of Senior members and will be exempt from payment of dues.
- Honorary Members:Any person not a member of the Hopewell Fire Department who performs outstanding service to the Department may be elected to Honorary membership at any regular meeting. Honorary members shall have the priviledge of attending meetings, but shall neither have a vote on any question nor be eligible to hold any office. They will be exempt from payment of dues.